Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

just for fun, I'm showing you a gift I'm giving my friend for her birthday today!

First, I made a card.  Then I decided to recycle a bag to match the card.  I did this by gluing paper over the shop name.

Perhaps some of you will recognize the lovely crochet cloths by Sarah of Magnolia Surprise and the tea bag graphics by Sher of Sher Hastings Designs.  I downloaded the tea bags and printed them, adding a little red and blue color with chalks.

I found a footed milk glass bowl in the pattern my friend collects.  I made some candy (recipe) which I packaged in a cellophane bag covered in white stars.

I'll give this to her tonight when our families meet up at the fireworks.  I hope she loves it!

photos by me © 2012

12 comments:

  1. what a thoughtful gift! I'm sure your friend will love it. My brother's birthday is today and I was a lame sister and didn't send him anything :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a sweet gift! Happy 4th of July. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend is definitely going to love your gift -- you are so thoughtful to give her handmade items (and candy)! I love the way you colored in the tea bags and, sneaky you, decorated the bag! Everything looks great, and I thank you so much for including my dishcloths in your gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She'll have to love such a neat gift, complete with handmade card and decorated bag. How clever of you. I adore the tea bags, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great gift! I'm sure she will love it. I like the embellishments you added to the teabags! I never would have thought to tie the string around it. I love that idea!

    Everything is so cute! I'm off to check out that candy recipe now....

    Happy Fourth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet gift ~ so thoughtful! I love it when the bag and card match! :)
    Hope you had a terrific time watching the fire works!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great gift! I bet she loved every piece of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your Independence Day has been fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tea bags! They were from Sher's shop? What a great idea- tea bags are always so pretty. Good way to cover up the store's name on your bag{:-D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!